Control and Manipulation of Light
The four fundamental properties of light are frequency, power, polarization and phase. The phase indicates the relative position of a light wave while polarization represents the oscillation direction of the electro-magnetic field.
Luna offers a full suite of polarization instruments and modules for complete optical polarization management solutions, including polarization controllers, switchers, trackers, scramblers and generators.
Using the patented fiber-squeezing technology, which has many advantages over other technologies including lossless operation, any given state of polarization can be converted to any desired polarization state.
Additionally, the control of optical phase and delay is a crucial capability for many fiber optic systems, including interferometric based measurement systems. Luna supplies many optical delay/phase control products for high precision optical path length adjustments, including interferometric based measurement systems.
Fiber Squeezing vs. Magneto Optic Crystal Technology
Luna has two technologies to manipulate optical polarization. The fiber squeezing technology uses electrically driven piezo actuators to apply mechanical force on fiber. The applied force alters the local birefringence, and hence, deterministically controls the state of polarization. Any state on the Poincare sphere can be reached with fiber squeezing technology. To achieve high switching speed, accuracy and repeatability, Luna developed the all-solid-state technology which uses magneto-optic polarization rotators to generate up to six distinctive polarization states uniformly across the Poincare sphere. It should be noted that the magneto optic crystals technology is considered a polarization state generator rather than a complete polarization controller because of the limited number of output polarization states that can be achieved.
Luna has a complete polarization impairment testing suite to stress and characterize the polarization performance of coherent receivers.
Flexible and high-performance polarization management and control modules for your optical system design.
Polarization Management and Emulation
- MPC-201 Multifunction Polarization Controller
- PSY-201 Polarization Synthesizer
- PCD-104 Polarization Scrambler
- POS-202 Polarization Stabilizer
- POS-203 Polarization Stabilizer
- DGD-1000 First Order PMD Source/Emulator
- PDLE-101 PDL Source/Emulator
- PMD-1000 PMD Source/Emulator
- MPC-202/203 Multifunction Polarization Controller
Optical Delay Control Modules
- FST-001 Fiber Stretcher Module
- FPS-001 Fiber Phase Shifter
- FPS-002 Fiber Phase Shifter
- FPS-003 Fiber Phase Shifter
- MDL-002 Motorized Optical Delay Line Module
- VDL-002 Manual Optical Delay Line
- VDL-001 Manual Variable Optical Delay Line
- MDL-003 Miniature Motorized Variable Optical Delay Line
- VDL-004 Miniature Variable Optical Delay Line
Optical Polarization Control
- PCD-M02/MPC Dynamic Polarization Controller
- PLC Manual Polarization Controllers
- POS-002 Polarization Tracker
- PSW-002 Polarization Switch
- PSG-001 Polarization State Generator
- PCD-005 Polarization Scrambler
- PCD-003 Polarization Scrambler
- PSM-002 Miniature Polarization Scrambler
- MMS-201 Multimode Scrambler
- DEP Depolarizer