SCS500n Online Sensor CID1
The T-Gauge Explosion Proof Thickness Measurement System (SCS500n) takes the robustness of the T-Ray® 5000 to a new level with the ability to operate in flammable atmospheres, such as paint booths or coating facilities.
Designed to be robot mountable and intrinsically safe, the SCS500n is optimized for use in spray booth applications but can be used in other applications as well. The working distance of the sensor head is fixed at 115 mm, but other working distances may be available upon request.
The transmitter and receiver are securely mounted inside a sealed stainless steel housing. The lens is Teflon coated to resist solvents. All components in the hazardous area meet CID1 standards. The SCS500n is ideal for industrial and pilot applications where the transceiver is to be deployed in an explosive environment (paint booth, chemical plant, etc.).
- Full transceiver functionality
- Collinear design
- Solvent resistant lens
- Safe in explosive environments
- Use to measure layer thickness
- Capable of being steam cleaned
- Industrial process control: commercial roofing; foam density; coating thickness; plastic extrusion; asphalt shingles
- Nondestructive materials inspection: aircraft; packaged goods; radome inspection; spacecraft; pipeline repairs
- Converting applications: paper coating; multilayer films; tire