HXC55yn Online Sensor
The HXC55yn is a high-performance online sensor head for the T-Ray® 5000 terahertz system with full transceiver functionality.
The HXC55yn Online Sensor Head takes the robustness of the T-Ray® 5000 terahertz system to a new level with the ability to operate in industrial environments. Reflection measurement
of thickness, multi-layer thickness, and basis weight are easily acquired. A variety of lenses are available to adjust the measurement spot size and working distance.
The transmitter and receiver are securely mounted inside the sealed metal housing. The umbilical for the transceiver, containing the electrical and optical connections, is constructed
with high flex rated electrical cable to allow for continuous scanning.
When connected to a T-Ray® 5000 Control Unit, the HXC55yn will provide excellent waveform response, capable of providing detailed reflection measurement of layered surfaces. The “y” and “n” in the model number correspond to the focal length of the lens, and the type of terahertz transmitter, respectively. For “y” = 4 for 75mm lens and 5 for 150mm lens. For “n” = 1 for a Type 1 transmitter and 2 for a Type 2 transmitter.
- Full transceiver functionality
- Collinear design
- Low cost plastic lens
- Hardened case for industrial environment
- Use to measure layer thickness
- Use to produce scanned images
- Single high flex umbilical
- Variety of focal lengths available
- Capable of being cleaned
- Industrial process control: commercial roofing; paint thickness; plastic extrusion; asphalt shingles
- Nondestructive materials inspection: aircraft; packaged goods; radome inspection; spacecraft; pipeline repairs
- Converting applications: paper coating; multilayer films; tire
Polarization Extinction Ratio > 20:1 (Horizontal) Available Lens Focal Length 25, 75, 150, coll. mm (Other lens available on request) Beam Diameter 40 mm Mounting Hardware 1/4 - 20 Threaded mounting holes Operating Temperature Range 0 - 50 °C (20 - 90% RH non-condensing) Size (W x H x D) 128 x 66 x 178 mm Weight 1.6 kg
For full specifications and drawings, please download the data sheet.