HXP51y2 Online Sensor EPG
The HXP51y2 Online EPG Sensor Head allows measurement of thinner layers than the standard HXC50yn Online Sensor Head. With higher bandwidth, and higher signal to noise, the EPG opens new applications to terahertz process control.
When connected to a T-Ray® 5000 Control Unit (TCU), the HXP51y2 provides excellent waveform response, providing detailed single-sided measurement of layered products. The HXP51y2 Online EPG Sensor Head allows measurement of thinner layers than the standard HXC50yn Online Sensor Head. With higher bandwidth, and higher signal-to-noise performance, the EPG opens new applications to terahertz process control.
The transmitter and receiver are securely mounted inside the sealed metal housing. The umbilical for the transceiver, containing the electrical and optical connections, is constructed with high flex rated electrical cable to allow continuous scanning. Coatings on metal or composite substrates and free-standing films can be measured down to 10 microns (0.5 mils).
- Full transceiver functionality
- Offset transmitter and receiver for enhanced performance
- TPX lens for low loss
- Hardened case for industrial environment
- Use to measure layer thickness
- Use to produce scanned images
- Single high flex umbilical
- Variety of focal lengths available
- Capable of being cleaned
- Industrial process control: coating thickness; plastic extrusion; foam density; adhesive foams
- Nondestructive materials inspection: robot mounted inspection of aircraft coatings
- Converting applications: paper coating; multilayer films
Polarization Extinction Ratio > 20:1 (Horizontal) Available Lens Focal Length 75, 150 mm (Other lens available on request) Beam Diameter 20 mm Mounting Hardware 1/4 - 20 Threaded mounting holes Operating Temperature Range 0 - 50 °C (20 - 90% RH non-condensing) Size (W x H x D) 128 x 70 x 178 mm Weight 1.6 kg Minimum Thickness (Single Layer) 10 µm (Kapton film) Minimum Thickness (Buried Layer) 25 µm (e.g. EVOH, foam) Passline Tolerance ±2 mm (150mm lens)
For full specifications and drawings, please download the data sheet.