LSG500n Line Scan Gauge
The LSG500n Line Scan Gauge (LSG) for the T-Ray® 5000 provides a handheld solution for high speed scanning of a line 50 or 75mm in length.
The LSG500n Line Scan Gauge (LSG) for the T-Ray® 5000 provides a handheld solution for high speed scanning of a line 50 or 75mm in length. The line scan image is displayed on the screen of the handheld tool and can be analyzed by dedicated software for specific applications. Current software solutions can provide layer thickness measurements, detection of voids, or alignment of body panels with measurement of the vertical and horizontal offset between them.
The live display allows real time alignment, observation and measurement of surface and sub-surface features.
The gauge scans at rates up to 8 sweeps per second but is adjustable to allow for higher resolution. The gauge is supplied with a 3” lens which provides a 3” scan range. An accessories kit is available which provides a 2” lens standoffs and a calibration plate.
- Fiber coupled to allow movement (up to 30m)
- Broadband THz measurement
- One-sided reflection data collection
- Use with T-Ray 5000 Terahertz Control Unit (TCU)
- High signal to noise ratio
- Ergonomic trigger to initiate measurement
- Low noise to enable rapid data collection
- Two lenses provide different scan widths
- Pointing lasers to guide tool alignment
- Terahertz Line Scan Imaging: layer structure, layer thickness, panel offset and separation
- Nondestructive Testing: void detection, subsurface defects or inclusions
- Aerospace and Automotive’s Final Assembly: measure of step and gap between coated panels
- Art Conservation: identify construction, image through pottery, view previous repairs; non-destructive
Polarization Extinction Ratio > 20:1 Sweep Rate Up to 8 per second Minimum Layer Thickness 50 microns Size (W x H x D) 25 x 15 x 15 cm Weight 1 kg