HXC51yn Online Sensor with VRS
The HXC51yn* Online Sensor Head adds functionality to the standard online sensor head (HXC50yn) with a virtual reference surface (VRS).
The HXC51yn Online Sensor Head adds functionality to the standard online sensor head (HXC50yn) with a virtual reference surface (VRS). Reflection measurement of thickness, multi-layer thickness, basis weight, and density are easily acquired. The VRS enables non-contact, calibrationless caliper thickness measurement as well as basis weight and density without reducing the open separation between the sensor and the product.
The transmitter and receiver are securely mounted inside the sealed metal housing. The umbilical for the transceiver, containing the electrical and optical connections, is constructed with high flex rated electrical cable to allow for continuous scanning.
When connected to a T-Ray® 5000 Control Unit, the HXC51yn will provide excellent waveform response, capable of providing detailed reflection measurement of layered surfaces.
- Full transceiver functionality
- Collinear design
- Low cost plastic lens
- Hardened case for industrial environment
- Use to measure layer thickness
- Use to produce scanned images
- Single high flex umbilical
- Variety of focal lengths available
- Capable of being cleaned
- Supports VRS functionality
- Industrial process control: commercial roofing; foam density; paint thickness; plastic extrusion; asphalt shingles
- Nondestructive materials inspection: aircraft; packaged goods; radome inspection; spacecraft; pipeline repairs
- Converting applications: paper coating; multilayer films; tire
Polarization Extinction Ratio > 20:1 (Horizontal) Available Lens Focal Length 25, 75, 150, coll. mm (Other lens available on request) Beam Diameter 38 mm Mounting Hardware 1/4 - 20 Threaded mounting holes Operating Temperature Range 0 - 50 °C (20 - 90% RH non-condensing) Size (W x H x D) 128 x 66 x 178 mm Weight 1.8 kg
For full specifications and drawings, please download the data sheet.