Optical Vector Analyzer
The Luna OVA 5000 is the fastest, most accurate and economical tool for loss, dispersion and polarization measurements of modern optical networking equipment.
The OVA 5000 is the ideal device for single-connection, all-parameter characterization of fiber components from couplers to specialty fiber and everything in between (Fiber Bragg Gratings, arrayed waveguide gratings, free-space filters, tunable devices, amplifiers, etc.), all with a single sweep of a tunable laser.
The OVA 5000 uses an interferometric method to directly measure the linear transfer function (Jones Matrix), from which all standard linear parameter measurements can be accurately extracted.
- Single measurement, all-parameter analysis
- Full characterization of components in less then 3 seconds
- Complete polarization response
- With single scan, simultaneously measure loss, polarization, dispersion, phase and time domain response
- Available for C and L band, or O band
1525 - 1610 nm (OVA 5000)
1270 - 1340 nm (OVA 5013)
Wavelength resolution 1.6 pm Dynamic range 80 dB Measurements
- Insertion Loss (IL)
- Polarization Dependent Loss (PDL)
- Polarization Mode Dispersion (PMD) and
- Second-Order PMD
- Chromatic Dispersion (CD)
- Group Delay (GD)
- Optical Time Domain Response
- Jones Matrix Elements
- Optical Phase Response
Device length Up to 150 m/75 m (transmission/reflection)
For full specifications, please download the data sheet.