Lightwave Component Analyzers
The Luna 6415 and Luna 6435 are fast and simple-to-use analyzers for passive optical components and fiber optic networks. The Luna 6400 systems measure and analyze the Insertion Loss (IL) and Return Loss (RL) distribution, as well as length, working in either reflection or transmission.
The Luna 6415 and Luna 6435 utilize optical frequency domain reflectometry (OFDR) technology to measure backscattered or transmitted light as a function of distance. Extremely high sensitivity and sampling resolution (20 μm) make the 6400 Series an ideal solution for photonic integrated circuits (PICs), silicon photonics, passive components and fiber optic networks and assemblies. The Luna 6400 systems reduce the cost and complexity of test while increasing throughput by measuring RL, IL and length/delay in reflection or transmission with a single instrument.
|Model||Measurement Length Modes (in Reflection)|
|Luna 6415||20 and 50 m (100 and 200 m optional)|
|Luna 6435||100, 200 and 500 m|
- Accurate return loss (RL) and insertion loss (IL) analyzer
- Track and analyze return loss (RL) and insertion loss (IL) versus length
- Analyze components in both reflection and transmission
- Spectral analysis of IL and RL
- Automatic RL/IL event detection
- Measurement length to 500 m (in reflection, with Luna 6435)
- Remote control via SCPI commands
Sampling resolution (two point)
(80 μm in 500 m mode)
Center wavelength 1546.7 nm
Maximum device length
(in Reflection Mode)
Luna 6415: 50 m (200 m optional)
Luna 6435: 500 m
RL dynamic range 70 dB Sensitivity -135 dB
For full specifications, please download the data sheet.