Optical Sensing Instrument
Luna’s HYPERION si155 is an industrial-grade fan-less interrogator for high-speed multipoint fiber optic sensing applications. Featuring both static and dynamic full-spectrum analysis, the si155 provides long-term, reliable and accurate measurements of nearly 1000 sensors on 4 parallel, 160 nm wide channels.
The si155 features a high power, low noise, ultra wide swept wavelength laser with guaranteed absolute accuracy on every scan, which is realized with Micron Optics patented Fiber Fabry-Perot filter and wavelength reference technology.
The HYPERION platform features groundbreaking capabilities including on-board, high-performance DSP and real-time FPGA processing. This enables rapid, full-spectrum data acquisition and flexible peak detect algorithms of Fiber Bragg Gratings (FBGs), Long Period Gratings (LPGs), Fabry-Perot (FP) and Mach-Zehnder (MZ) sensors.
The HYPERION platform is compatible with the ENLIGHT Sensing Analysis Software, which provides an integrated suite of tools for data acquisition, computation and analysis of optical sensor networks, and also includes a comprehensive Application Programming Interface (API)
- Dynamic and absolute measurement of FBGs, LPGs, FP and MZ sensors
- Up to 4 parallel channels per system
- Data verification key guarantees only valid output; each data set is calibrated and verified against a permanent NIST traceable reference
- Proven reliability and longevity, with over 100 million hours logged since 2000
Number of channels per system 1 or 4 channels Wavelength range Up to 160 nm Wavelength accuracy 1 pm Sensor scan rates Up to 5000 Hz (80 nm scan) Full spectrum measurement Included, 10 Hz data rate Data interface Ethernet
For full specifications, please download the data sheet.
Data Sheet and User Guides
- si155 Interrogator Data Sheet
- Optical Sensing Instrumentation and Software User Guide
- HYPERION Quick Start Guide
- TN 755-1 - HYPERION Peak Detection Presets Instructions
- TN 775-2 - HYPERION Distance Compensation
- TN 775-3 - HYPERION Secure Communication via SSH
- TN 775-4 - HYPERION Full Redundancy
- TN 775-5 – HYPERION Low Latency Peak Streaming over UDP
- TN 775-1031 - HYPERION Capturing Fast Full Spectrum
- TN 775-1107 - HYPERION Features and Target Applications
- TN 775-1108 - HYPERION Depolarized Laser Option
- TN 775-1109 - HYPERION Enhanced Visibility Option
- TN 775-1114 - HYPERION Understanding Dynamic Range Performance
- TN 775-1140 - HYPERION Configuring OEM Settings
- TN 775-1141 - HYPERION Performance Verification and Application
- TN 775-1212 - Fabry Perot Accelerometer Overview
- TN 755-1355 - HYPERION IEEE 1588 PTP Synchronization
- TN 775-1360 - HYPERION Custom Peak Detection Profiles
- TN 775-1381 - HYPERION Internal Calibration Architecture and Fault Detection
- TN 775-1447 - HYPERION Calibration and Traceability
Sensing Analysis Software
- x55 HYPERION C# API v2.0 – GitHub
- x55 HYPERION C# API v2.0 – NuGet - Luna has posted a C# package for use at Nuget.org. By searching either “MicronOptics” or “Hyperion” on Nuget.org or within Visual Studio, this library can be downloaded and installed to facilitate Hyperion communication in C#.
- x55 HYPERION LabVIEW API v18.104.22.168
- x55 HYPERION MATLAB API v0.9.5.0
- x55 HYPERION Python v2.7 API v22.214.171.124
- x55 HYPERION Python v3.5 API v126.96.36.199
- x55 HYPERION C++ API v0.9.5.1