Non-Metallic Temperature Sensors
The os4300 series includes three options for temperature sensing based on fiber Bragg grating (FBG) technology housed within non-metallic tubes.
The os4300 Non-Metallic Temperature Sensors are housed within a sealed, alumina ceramic tube designed to make installation easy, fast and repeatable. With no epoxies holding the fiber to the tube, long term stability is ensured by design.
In side by side comparisons with conventional thermocouples, the os4300 is equally sensitive and accurate, while providing sub-second response time, wider operating range, no calibration, and no EMI noise. The os4300 temperature sensor is qualified for use in harsh environments and delivers the many advantages inherent to all FBG based sensors.
Three packaging options provide for installation that mimics that of conventional thermocouples with armored cables and protected connectors, and small sensors that provide the user with both installation flexibility and sub-second thermal response.
This sensor can be used alone or in series as part of an FBG sensor array. With each sensor, Luna provides a Sensor Information Sheet listing the calibration coefficients needed to convert wavelength information into temperature. The ENLIGHT Sensing Software provides a utility to calculate and then record, display, and transmit data for large networks of sensors.
- Calibrated for high absolute accuracy
- Fast response time
- Non-metallic construction
- ugged sensor package, qualified to same rigorous standards applied to electronic gages
- Double-ended design supports multiplexing of many sensors on one fiber
- Included in ENLIGHT’s sensor templates – allows for quick and easy optical to mechanical conversions
Operating temperature range
40 to 120 °C(-70 to 275 °C available on single-ended os4310)
~10 pm/°C (±1.7 pm/°C)
Cable temperature range -40 to 250 °C (FC/APC connectors: -40 to 80 °C) Response time
os4310: 0.7 s
os4330: 4.6 s
os4350: 4.2 s
Accuracy (Standard calibration)
1.0 °C (0.6 °C short term, typical)
Accuracy (Premium calibration) 0.5 °C (0.2 °C short term, typical)
For full specifications, please download the data sheet.
- os4300 Non-Metallic Temperature Sensors Data Sheet
- os4300 Sensor Information Sheet 0906 1 Doc
- Drawing - os4310 Non-metallic Temperature Sensor
- Drawing - os4310 Non-Metallic Temperature Probe - Single Ended
- Drawing - os4330 Non-metallic Temperature Sensor - Epoxy Mount
- Drawing - os4350 Non-metallic Temperature Sensor - Armored Cable Flange Mount