Lightwave Component Analyzer
The Luna 6415 is a fast and simple-to-use analyzer for passive optical components and modules. The Luna 6415 measures and analyzes the Insertion Loss (IL) and Return Loss (RL) distribution, as well as length, working in either reflection or transmission.
The Luna 6415 utilizes optical frequency domain reflectometry (OFDR) technology to measure backscattered or transmitted light as a function of distance. Extremely high sensitivity and sampling resolution (20 μm) make the Luna 6415 an ideal testing tool for photonic integrated circuits (PICs) and silicon photonics. The Luna 6415 reduces the cost and complexity of test while increasing throughput by measuring RL, IL and length in reflection or transmission with a single instrument.
- Accurate return loss (RL) and insertion loss (IL) analyzer
- Track and analyze return loss (RL) and insertion loss (IL) versus length
- Analyze components in both reflection and transmission
- Spectral analysis of IL and RL
- Automatic RL/IL event detection
Sampling resolution (two point) 20 μm Center wavelength 1546.7 nm Maximum device length 50 m (in reflection mode) RL dynamic range 70 dB Sensitivity -135 dB
For full specifications, please download the data sheet.