Lightwave Component Analyzer
The LWA 7601-C Lightwave Component Analyzer is a fast and simple-to-use tool for testing modern optical components and modules, including Photonics Integrated Circuits (PICs). The LWA 7601-C measures and analyzes the Insertion Loss (IL) and Return Loss (RL) distribution, frequency response, as well as length. Optical components are scanned in either reflection or transmission mode.
The LWA 7601-C instrument utilizes optical frequency domain reflectometry (OFDR) technology to measure backscattered or transmitted light as a function of distance/time (or wavelength). The extremely high sensitivity and sampling resolution (20 μm) make an ideal analyzer for photonic integrated circuits (PICs) and silicon photonics. When combined with the extended measurement range, up to 500 m measurement range is achieved, making the testing of fiber networks an easy task. The LWA 7601-C reduces the cost and complexity of test while increasing throughput by measuring RL, IL and length in reflection or transmission with a single instrument.
- Return loss (RL) and insertion loss (IL) analysis
- Analyze components in reflection and transmission
- Trace distributed RL over length of optical path
- Spectral analysis of RL and IL
- Detect and precisely locate reflective events and measure path length (up to 500 m)
- Speed, resolution and accuracy for optimizing production test
- 20μm sampling resolution
- 12 Hz scan/acquisition rate (80 ms)
- Spatial RL testing
- Automated IL test and analysis
- Skew measurement with subpico second resolution
- PLCs, waveguide devices, AWGs, ROADMs, etc.
- Filters, couplers, switches, beam splitters, FBGs, specialty fibers
PARAMETER SPECIFICATION UNITS Measurement LWA 7601-C LWA 7601-C
(with extended rage option)
Maximum measurement length Reflection 100 500 m Transmission 200 1000 m Sampling resolution (two point) 20 80 μm Time-of-flight delay accuracy ±0.01 % Wavelength scanning range 1546.69 ± 20 1546.69 ± 5 nm Measurement time (in continuous mode) 0.08 (20 m)
0.4 (100 m)
0.5 s RL dynamic range 70 dB Sensitivity -135 dB
For full specifications, please download the data sheet.