Learn with Luna: Explainer Webinar Series
Learn directly from our experts how Luna's advanced fiber optic and terahertz measurement and monitoring systems can help solve your most complicated test, measurement and monitoring challenges.
- Tuesday, November 17, 1pm ET: Using the Luna ODiSI: How HD Strain and Temperature Data Improves Testing and Process Monitoring. The Luna ODiSI 6000 series products set the industry high bar for multichannel high-definition strain and temperature measurement systems. The ODiSI utilizes fiber optic sensing technology with spatial density as fine as 0.65 mm, enabling model validation, damage detection in composite structures, and process control. Join us for this session to hear case studies, see a system demonstration on how to operate the ODiSI-6 DAQ and software, learn sensor installation best practices, and apply the ODiSI’s measurement capabilities and techniques to your projects.
- Thursday, November 19, 11am ET: Measurements and Applications of Luna’s TeraMetrix Terahertz Solutions. Time-domain terahertz (THz) is an inspection method that utilizes time-of-flight and other properties of reflections for measurements, such as simultaneous multi-layer thickness. Other capabilities include measuring non-contact coating thickness, basis weight (weight per unit area), layer density, delamination and other defects detection. Attend this session to learn how terahertz methods of non-destructive testing are completely safe (no nuclear or ionizing radiation), faster with better precision than competing technologies, and can operate in extreme environments other sensors cannot.
- Tuesday, December 1, 11am ET: Using the Luna 6415 for Testing Optical Components. Building on Luna Innovations Optical Frequency Domain Reflectometry (OFDR) technology, Luna’s new Lightwave Component Analyzer 6415 is a fast and easy-to-use tool for testing optical components in both transmission and reflection, analyzing the Insertion Loss (IL), Return Loss (RL), and spectral response of optical components such as planar light circuits (PLCs), couplers, splitters, and switches. This webinar will cover key features of the 6415 and its control software as well as a demonstration of how to take measurements in both transmission and reflection using two different devices under test.
- Thursday, December 3, 11am ET: Using the TeraMetrix Handheld for Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Applications. Terahertz (THz) has demonstrated unique and superior measurement capabilities in many industrial applications including simultaneous multilayer thickness measurements in sheet products. This same technology is also used in multiple handheld sensors to make Non-Destructive Testing (NDT), such as coating thickness measurements. Join us for this session to learn how the TeraMetrix handheld Single Point Gauge (SPG) has repeatedly demonstrated the performance, measurement repeatability and ability to non-destructively test in extremely challenging applications like thickness measurement of specialty coatings on F-22 and F-35 aircraft and higher volume critical performance measurements like thickness on steel oil and gas pipes. This session will also cover another use case for THZ in NDT: scanning measurement points linearly within the handheld gauge to provide an immediate cross section view and layer(s) thickness value of the sample over a large area in order to both perform the necessary defect-detecting but also provide additional information to improve and reduce the cost of manufactured products.
- Tuesday, December 8, 9am ET: Using the Luna HYPERION Instrument for Fiber Optic Sensing. Join us for this webinar where you’ll learn how to operate the world leader in optical sensing instrumentation, Luna’s HYPERION, as well as see the features, capabilities and case studies that make the HYPERION the leader in its class and the standard for Fiber Bragg Gratings (FBGs) and Fabry Perot sensor measurements.
- Thursday, December 10, 9am ET: Making Precision Optical Path Length Measurements with the Luna OBR 4600. Luna’s OBR 4600 is an ultra-high resolution reflectometer that features a spatial sampling resolution as low as 10 microns, with a zero dead zone, and Rayleigh-backscatter level of sensitivity. With its high spatial resolution, and up to 2km measurement length, the OBR 4600 is ideally suited for making precision measurements of optical latency in fiber optic networks. This webinar will provide a tour of the 4600 software, a demonstration of how to configure it for basic fiber network measurements within, for example, datacenters (lengths up to 2km).
- Wednesday, December 16, 9am ET: How to Monitor High-Definition Temperature Profiles with Luna Instruments and Sensors. Joins us to learn the specifics of measuring and mapping temperature with ultra-high spatial resolution and how new capabilities of Luna’s high-definition fiber optic sensing system enable more accurate and robust temperature measurements in real-world applications. The webinar will demonstrate step-by-step the process of installing fiber optic temperature sensors, configuring the system, acquiring data and accessing and visualizing logged data. The webinar will also discuss pros and cons and practical considerations of using high-definition distributed temperature measurements and the types of applications for which it is best suited.
To register for any of our Explainer Webinars please click here!