Trends in Structural Health Monitoring for the Oil and Gas Market
Webinar: Trends in Structural Health Monitoring for the Oil and Gas Market
When: Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 12 PM EDT (9 AM PDT / 6 PM CEST)
Recent deployments on offshore oil and gas structures highlight the advances in technology that lead to safer operation of production and support vessels. Addressing the challenges of the offshore environment with cost effective and extremely sensitive monitoring present operators and service providers new and easily deployable monitoring systems. These systems are based on the most advanced fiber optic monitoring systems on the market today.
Fiber optic based monitoring systems provide native advantages including simplified cabling, the longest service life, and intrinsically safe sensors. These advantages, as well as many others, reduce installation labor, maintenance costs, and provide more actionable data in various offshore structures.
A few examples of monitoring solutions that are currently deployed:
- Topside platform monitoring
- 60 mile tieback monitoring
- 7,000 meter subsea wave measurements
- Understand how advances in fiber optic technology can be applied to oil and gas structures
- Learn in what application spaces fiber optic technologies have been deployed
- Learn the advantages of using fiber optic technologies over conventional sensors
- Mike Baez, Product Manager, Luna Innovations
- David Brower, Founder & President, Astro Technology