Advanced, high performance sensors and measurement technologies for extreme environments to improve safety, reliability, and operating cost.
Luna is at the forefront of corrosion monitoring technologies. We have developed innovative sensors that allow for direct corrosion monitoring as well as the ability to indirectly predict corrosion on nearby surfaces.
- CorRES Coating System Evaluation
- LS2A Environmental Corrosion Monitoring
- Embedded Coating System Monitoring
- Coating Health Monitoring
Luna’s equipment health monitoring technologies help customers predict equipment failures before they occur, allowing for reduced maintenance costs and increased reliability.
- Actuator Monitoring
- Lubrication System Monitoring
Luna is studying new techniques to detect material changes without destructive testing. Microstructure changes and cracking caused by material fatigue, aging, or heat damage can be detected without destructive testing of a part. Transitioning to condition-based maintenance using nondestructive testing can yeild significant cost savings.
- Ultrasonic Micro-structure Evaluation
- Eddy Current Crack Detection