Luna’s Optical Backscatter Reflectometer™ (OBR) 4200 is the industry’s only portable, ultra-high resolution reflectometer with backscatter-level sensitivity designed to test short networks. In a small, rugged, easily transportable platform, the OBR 4200 provides the capability to “see” any event in a fiber assembly or network out to 500 meters with no dead-zone and millimeter resolution. With industry-leading sensitivity and resolution in a portable platform, the OBR 4200 is the ultimate tool for manufacturing and on-site inspection and troubleshooting of your fiber optic network.
- < 3 mm spatial resolution
- 500 m length range with no dead-zone
- -120 dB sensitivity
- 0.1 dB Insertion loss resolution
- Verify quality of optical fiber cable assemblies, connectors and short-run networks
- Troubleshoot and distinguish between macro-bends, splices, connectors and breaks
- Locate insertion loss points – save hours of troubleshooting time
- Verify return loss of multiple points in a fiber assembly or harness simultaneously
- Verify and “turn up” aircraft and shipboard networks
- Customize GUI for automated pass/fail verification of your fiber assembly using software development kit
For more information about Luna’s OBR 4200, see the data sheet.
Learn more about our leading-edge OFDR technology and how it can help you by reading our publications.