The Luna OBR 4600 is part of Luna’s award winning Optical Backscatter ReflectometerTM product line. Designed for component testing, short run network testing and troubleshooting, the OBR 4600 enables ultra high resolution reflectometry with backscatter level sensitivity. The OBR 4600 has spatial resolution as fine as 10 microns and no deadzone. The OBR 4600 comes with an extensive range of options including a strain and temperature sensing package with maximum sensor lengths up to 2 kilometers.
- The OBR 4600 has a dual display with an intuitive user interface that allows the user to simulatanously determine fault location and magnitude in the upper display and perform fault or component characterization using the frequency domain in the lower display
- The user can easily locate, identify and troubleshoot macrobends, splices, connectors and breaks in a network up to 2km with as low as 3mm spatial resolution and no deadzone
- Selected sections of the scan can be highlighted using controls in the upper display. An ananlysis in the frequency domain can be performed in the lower display to calculate insertion loss (IL), return loss (RL), polarization states and group delay
- The OBR 4600 has as a standard offering multiple scanning options including fast scan (30 m with 10um resolution in less than 7 seconds), continuous scanning feature (continuous measurement of 1 m segment up to 3 hz). A spot scanning feature is also offered as an option.
- The scanning wavelength range and centerpoint are user selectable
Spot Scan option
The spot scan option allows the user to narrow the scan range to 1 to 2 meter area within the network under test. This reduces the time required to scan and also allows the user to focus exclusivly on the area of interest.
Hard shell carrying case
The OBR 4600 can be provided with a hard shell carrying case for applications that require portability or exposure to more rugged environments.
2Km sensing length
The OBR 4600 range can be extended up to 2km with a 3mm spatial resolution and no deadzone.
Software Development Kit
A selection of DLL flles can be provided to allow users to customize their own test equipment user interface with the OBR 4600 operation.
Lightpath Analysis Software
The Lightpath Analysis software allows the user to program a go/no go check based on a pre-selected characterization of a component or network. This option is ideal for testing and can reduce a complicated analysis to a simple pass/fail end of line production test.
Distributed temperature and strain sensing package
The temperature and strain sensing option allows the user to make strain or temperature measurements using sensors made with standard unaltered fiber optic cable that does not require fiber bragg gratings. The distributed sensing option can provide sub cm spatial resolution with sensors up to 2 km. For more information on high definition fiber optic sensing refer to the fiber optic sensing section of this website.
Our technology accelerates the development of advanced fiber optic networks with unprecedented visibility into optical component performance.